Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Finger in a Light Socket??

Sadly this picture was taken over a month ago. Can anyone guess why Emmett's hair is so messy????

This was the day that Emmett had his EEG done in Fargo.

He had 26 electrodes taped to his head for 1.5 hours. Well 45 minutes getting them on, 35 minutes of testing, and 10 minutes getting them off and the gel out of his hair. The worst part for him was getting the electrodes out of his hair because the tape would pull those little strands, and we all know how much that hurts. And then getting the gel out just made an Einstein type hair do. I did put the hood up on his sweater when we left because I didn't want people to think he was shocked or something. If you look closely you can see black marker between his eyes from measuring where the electrodes were to go. Yes, there was black marker for every electrode on his head too.

It did take him about a week to get back on a normal napping schedule, but more than anything we were very thankful that we didn't have anything to worry about.

Emmett did just have his 18 month check up and is doing fabulously! He's nearing 28 pounds, and 30 something (I don't remember what the nurse said at all) inches. Across the board he is in the 60th percentile for everything. Obviously a different build than his brother. We love their differences though, and enjoy each one differently!

1 comment:

djrogness said...

Oh - he's SO cute! When I first opened your blog - I thought it was a picture of Harrison - they are starting to look so much a like... love that, such sweet boys!!