Monday, April 04, 2011

Doctor Check-ups...

Harrison and Maura got to go to the doctor this last week for well check-ups. Harrison tipped the scales at 41 pounds (in the 90th percentile), and was 45 inches (in the 80th percentile). He has been consistently in these percentiles his whole life! Just crazy to see how he has been riding the charts at the same pace. I guess it fits well with his "*perfect" firstborn son personality. *Meaning that everything must go a certain way otherwise it throws him for a bit of a loop.
Harrison will be going to Preschool this fall, we are just trying to finalize where he will go. We (or maybe just I) are torn about what to do. I think we have made a decision, but am having a hard time sending in the registration form. I guess we'll see what happens.
Maura also seems to follow Harrison's liking on the charts and was 23 pounds 5 ounces (95th percentile), and 29 inches (80th percentile). Yes, she still loves to eat, and hasn't really turned her nose up at anything yet. We did find out the her hemoglobin was a tinch low, so she is on an iron supplement for a couple weeks to see if we can get it up a bit. (Maura is now officially my heaviest baby! Emmett was a few ounces lighter, and 3/4 of an inch shorter than her at 9 months. Harrison weighed the same as Emmett, but was 3/4 of an inch taller than Maura. Crazy!)
I have been doing some sleep training with her for the past couple weeks, and have been seeing some great improvements with her sleeping pattern. Up until a couple weeks ago, she was waking up 2-3 times per night and still wanted to eat. Not the plans that I had for my 9 month old! So I decided that I would try to get her to sleep, not feeding her, but offering only her pacifier. Maura was not a fan, but in the first week I managed to get her down to eating only once (not that she still wasn't waking up 2-3 times still, but I was optimistic). At this point, she usually will only wake once and will cry for about 30 seconds (if that most times) because she's sad that I'm not picking her up, but then settles in and don't hear another peep. Friday and Sunday night she didn't wake up once! I'm thrilled to say the least! Plus, I know that she is more intentional about eating during the day too, since she's not getting food during the night. And we all know that she doesn't really need it either.
Emmett will have his check-up after his birthday in a month, so we'll have to wait and see what kind of growing he has done this last year too!

No comments: