Friday, June 22, 2012

10 Years...

That's right folks!  We've made it to 10 years!
In some ways it hasn't seemed that long at all...
but then I see this picture and realize that maybe more time has passed than what I think.
This has to be the first time looking back and seeing an actual change in the way we look, in my eyes at least.  The biggest thing is probably that I've caused a few more gray hairs on Kevin's head. :)

We don't have any huge plans for our actual anniversary this year, but our hopes are to do something later this fall with another couple that is also celebrating their 10th anniversary too.  I'll have to post more about that as the plans come together.  I'd hate to put the cart before the horse on that one!  We will be going out to supper though, and maybe trying one of the new places around lakes country.  We started a tradition on our 1st anniversary where we go to a place where we can dine outside.  It limits us slightly, but it makes it a fun challenge to try and accomplish each year, and to try new places along the way.

So much, yet so little has changed in that time period, and I can only fathom what the next 10 years will look like.  I can't remember all of the hopes and dreams that I had for us at this point back when I was dreaming about it, but all I know is that this is exactly where I want to be.  Our life is definitely not perfect, but we have so much to be thankful for, and I want to dwell on that.

This weekend we get to celebrate Maura's 2nd birthday, so we will be putting more of the fun on her this weekend with family around.  She is changing daily!!!  The boys are with Grandma Jeanne for a few days, so I know there will be quite the reunion for the kids on Saturday when everyone arrives.  I know they are all having fun in their own special way!

Wow... I really am getting old!

1 comment:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look the same after ten years; life has been good! Enjoy.