It's so hard to believe that summer is done; or at least if you go by school starting.
My boys continue to remind me that summer doesn't officially end until the end of the month, so at least with them I am happy to know that it isn't done, and we have a few more weeks to enjoy summer activities.
Emmett will be starting Preschool this week, and is really looking forward to joining his big brother at school this year. We met with his teacher and helper this week, so he is all set and anxious to get started. Emmett has already shown some big changes in his personality, and is more outgoing than what he was a few weeks ago. This is all related to Harrison being out of the house more this week. Amazing what transformations happen when one is able to get a word, or more, in edgewise.
Harrison has really jumped through a big hoop this year by getting to go to kindergarten all day, every day!! And I have a list too long to explain why he is completely ready for this big kid challenge. Trust me, he would be bored out of his mind if it was any less than this. It will be a good challenge for him to learn some self-discipline in getting ready each day, and time management with eating breakfast and lunch. All in all, this is a great fit for him. **Disclaimer: I may not do this option with all of my children, but know that this is what's best for him. I don't want to make decisions based off of what I want.**
Maura's biggest accomplishment is that she gets to start Sunday School in the 2 year old class with Kevin's cousin as her teacher. I'm so glad that all three of my kids have the opportunity to have her, and think she will enjoy doing "big kid" stuff. Her other challenge is getting used to not being around her brothers all.the.time! This week, each day, I was asked a number of times where "Hsshss" is. Really sweet, and I wonder if she will be sick of me on the mornings when it's just me and her. Emmett and Maura did so well playing this week, and really were quiet and kind to each other. So nice to see after a summer of screaming and yelling. :) They are siblings, so would it be any other way??
Now you have the skinny on how our lives have changed suddenly this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment