Yesterday morning, Kevin's grandpa LaVern went home to heaven. It has been wonderful to get to know this man, and the great family he and his wife brought up! I just wanted to share some recent pictures of him.
LaVern, Kevin and Harrison. Kevin wanted to give me a little break, so he and Harrison went to visit LaVern. This was taken 4 days after Emmett was born. I know LaVern loved watching Harrison run around his apartment.
This was taken for LaVern's birthday this July. Here he is with most of his great-grandkids. We had a great time celebrating his special day.
We can be so thankful to know that LaVern is in heaven and celebrating his life there, just as we will be celebrating and thinking of his life here on earth! Thanks for your prayers during this time of celebration and sorrow.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. There's an old Sara Groves song that has brought me comfort and I'm hoping it will do the same for you.
Here's the chorus:
I don't know that there are harps in heaven, Or the process for earning your wings. I don't know of bright lights at the ends of tunnels, Or any of those things...But I know to be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord, and from what I know of him, that must be pretty good.
Oh, I know to be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord, and from what I know of him, that must be VERY good.
Kevin, Brooke, Harrison and Emmett, We are so sorry for the loss of your Grandfather. What a wonderful man to raise up such a wonderful family. Our hearts are saddened for you during this time- those left behind hurt so much, but we know that Heaven has opened its' doors and is celebrating with LaVern. I believe God is saying "Well Done Laverne, Well Done"! Rejoice in Him!
Our love and prayers
Paul, Crystal, Julia, Hope and Emily Grace
Dear Kevin and Brooke,
I'm SO sorry for the lose of your grandpa! He was a good guy and I'm just so sorry! I give you guys hugs!
Caristy
Post a Comment