Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas #3

Are you noticing a trend here?? We have celebrated Christmas a few times this season!
This is Christmas Eve morning! We celebrated with my family - Mom, Jim, and Josh.
It has been a tradition in my dad's family to have Oyster Stew for Christmas Eve, and I thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition this year. I didn't end up making the traditional milk and oyster mix, but added some vege's to it for some of the non-oyster fans in the family. It was really good, and I think all of us enjoyed it. Of coarse we also had bread, cheese & crackers, chicken wings/drummies, meatballs, brownies, etc. to help round out the soup.Uncle Josh and Emmett
Uncle Josh's gift was a huge hit. A John Deere pedal tractor with a wagon! He did comment that it was against his better judgement (we grew up with red equipment). You can see Emmett got in on the riding as well! We're still working on how to pedal.

No comments: