Saturday, February 20, 2010

4 for 4...

UPDATE: The backup came up positive this morning. Thankfully he got going on the antibiotics right away!
...............................................................
That's right! Kevin is on antibiotics for possible Strep.
He apparently started feeling a bit of a sore throat last night, and this morning was worse. He sounds like how I felt at the beginning. I sent him to see the doctor so he could get treated right away. The initial test was negative, but the doctor did give him a prescription based off of his symptoms and our running score here at home. I'm pretty sure that the back-up will turn positive in the next couple days.
Thankfully we knew what to look for, and the doctor was so willing to read the writing on the wall. Like I said, I normally wouldn't be in favor of a doctor giving antibiotics without a reason, but in this case, and with Strep especially, it's important to get rid of it before it causes other serious issues elsewhere.

2 comments:

Tim and Jenny said...

Yikes! Hope you all are all better soon!

djrogness said...

Oh no! Feel better soon!!