Maura had her first bath 2 weeks ago on July 6th.
I know that I'm a bit behind, but this way I pace myself to keep things coming to you on a regular basis. She has had a few more since then, and all (except last night) have been crying fest's for this little girl. I'm pretty sure it was due to the fact that she just wanted to eat, and not have a bath first.
The boys think it's crazy how she is in a baby tub, inside the big tub. And just love watching her get scrubbed up. Her rolliest spots are on her neck, and we're finding that she thinks that is a good spot to hind leftover's. This is always a bit gross, because just when you think it's clean, you look again 2 minutes later and it looks the same - kind of peely, slightly raw, and smelly. The boys were the same way, so I'm not the least bit surprised, but she's not really a spitter, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.
In case you look closely at the picture, you may be wondering why on earth she is in a tub of water when her umbilical stump is still attached? Good question. One thing that has changed in the last 2 years, since Emmett's birth, is the AAP's recommendation on using alcohol and submersion with umbilical stumps. I'm sure some mom's are fully aware of this issue, and others this is new. Now, no alcohol cleaning is required, and you can give a bath as long as you dry the stump well after giving a bath. No more alcohol with each diaper change!! I found that Maura's fell off only after a week, and was free and clear of any "left over" pieces at her 2 week check. This was even commented on by our Pediatrician how great it looked.
So... now you can take a breath and rest easier knowing that it is completely acceptable for Maura to be in the tub with her umbilical stump!
2 comments:
She's beautiful! Congratulations on her birth!
she looks like a little sweetie! wish i could snuggle her...
love the new name of the blog!!!
finally have checked out your blog...it's been too long.
love ya, cass
Post a Comment