Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring is Finally Here!

We have been enjoying the nice weather these past few days!  The trikes, toy mowers, and patio furniture have seen a lot of use lately.

I was even able to get the garden planted last weekend, in which Harrison informed me "now I love tomatoes (cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, etc)!"  That kid is hilarious!  We'll see how it goes this year.  I was able to get a small tiller for my birthday, and was able to till up my garden by myself.  It's  nice to do things when I have the time and not have to wait for someone else to complete a project before I can begin mine.  We are hoping to clean out an area that had a few perennials, and start a strawberry patch there.  I don't think we'll get it going this year, since there is rock and sheeting to remove, but something to work at during the summer to prep for next year.  The asparagus is growing nicely, and have been able to harvest a few spears here and there.  I know that I'll be reaping my rewards in a few years when they are all mature enough to eat.

We bought some paint this weekend for the kitchen and living room, but I don't have a day or two scheduled on the calendar quite yet to get those things start or done.  I'm a "wild hair" kind of person, and one day I'll wake up and get started.  A characteristic that my husband doesn't always appreciate about me, but none-the-less, it is all picked out and ready for me when I am ready.

Our bike riding is also changing a bit this year too.  Harrison has moved up to a tag along, and Emmett and Maura are in the trailer now.  Kevin took all of them out last Saturday.  It was set up with the tag along connected to his bike and the trailer hooked up to the tag along.  I can only imagine the looks that he got with that huge train behind him.  Last night we went out and I had Harrison and he had the littles.  We had a great time on our family outing around the lake.  All I have to say, is if I even need Harrison to talk to me, I'll take him for a bike ride.  He would not shut up!  I tried to encourage him to pedal instead of talking sometimes, but that didn't seem to work.  No doubt it won't be as fun by the end of the summer.
Now we just need to get some time at the lake!

No comments: