Here is our Emmett on his actual birthday!
We had a party for him on Saturday with grandparents and a family friend. I always let my kids pick what they want for their birthday supper (when they can tell me, that is), and not surprisingly Emmett picked mac & cheese, poppy salad (applesauce jello with pop in it), and yet another rainbow cake! I did ask him what kind of meat he wanted and he chose hamburgers and hotdogs. I'm never surprised that these boys have picked the same thing each year. Emmett not only chose a rainbow cake, but requested that they be made in jars, based off of a picture he saw. Which was fine with me because making the same exact thing twice is just not as fun. It worked great with being able to put a small scoop of ice cream on top and a dollop of frosting. I'll have to post pictures once I get them off the camera and onto the computer.
Hence my camera dilemma. I'm so bad at taking pictures, and I want to blame that on my bulky camera, but not sure that I would be any better with a smaller, more compact one. Maybe I should test it just for fun?! :)
Emmett has a super fun, and interesting personality that can be challenging, but so funny all at the same time! The first picture is incredible because he's not doing this...
Nearly every time the camera is out, he is making a funny face or being all serious. It is very difficult to get a decent smile from him. He can be on both ends of the spectrum within milli-seconds of each other. Being super sweet, then bam super spicy!
He is really looking forward to preschool this fall, and I think the routine and schedule will be really beneficial for him. He's had to watch his brother go all year, so now that it's his turn, he is pretty proud of his accomplishing being able to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment