Some of you may have noticed the link on the right "Fueled By Rice." I don't want to go into all the details of their site, but a great friend of Kevin's was on a biking trip from Beijing to Paris, and then from Chicago to Minneapolis. Feel free to visit their blog to get a more detailed understanding of their mission.
The last time that we saw Andrew was right before he left for China and Harrison was 5 months old. There was a funny comment, "Harrison, you haven't changed a bit!" It immediately felt like old times, and that we hadn't been away from each other for a year and a half.
We had the opportunity to go to the cities and welcome them home! They had a chili supper for them and all the visitors when they arrived! It was a great night of seeing an old friend, and being able to be there for the end of their incredibly long journey (over 10,500 miles)!
Harrison got to stay with Auntie Jill for the evening.
FBR shared a few of the songs that they sang along their tremendous trek. They will be recording their songs this week here in Fergus.
If you didn't believe that they were pedal bikes, here is the proof!
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this tire is looking like it has traveled a few thousand miles.
Andrew did say that the worst part was the last 2 days in the frigid temperatures. Kevin had really wanted to ride with them from Rochester, but it got a little too difficult to orchestrate with family, how to get there, etc. He did promise Andrew that he would ride around Lake Alice as many times as he wanted to.
I don't know about you, but all I can think is "AMAZING!"
1 comment:
hahaha... around lake alice... laughing out loud.
Post a Comment