Our yard is not big by any means. But the boys certainly do love being outside and in the yard. We had a great time enjoying what will probably be one of the last nice days of summer.
.
Oh how I could eat this little boy up!
And this big boy is always making me laugh! What a sense of humor!
We happen to have a fake birch tree in our back yard. When I was walking around it something startled me and gave me a little jump. Can you see it???
There on the bark was an exoskeleton of what looks like a bumble-bee. However, I don't think this could be true. I haven't ever heard of bees shedding their exoskeleton. I was quite huge, about an inch in length. When I showed it to Harrison, he was not interested in getting close to it at all - thankfully. It made my skin crawl thinking about what came out of it.
.
Nothing like a little nature walk right in our own backyard!
2 comments:
Your boys are too cute! We has so much fun watching them in the nursery yesterday! I know what those bugs are called but I don't know how to spell it! They are the ugliest things ever! I had never seen one till this summer in our back yard too. I guess they eat plants... cada is the last part of the name :-)
The bug is a cicada and is a real noisemaker.
Post a Comment