Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hearing Your Own Words...

I know that all parents hear their words coming out of their children's mouths. This is what we heard last night while Harrison was playing in the bath tub.

"Ducky, it's time to eat your supper!"

"Ducky... Ducky... it's time to eat your supper!"

"You get pie when you eat your supper!"

"Good job Ducky, now you get some pie!"

This conversation went on for a while. Kevin and I sat and giggled to ourselves hearing him do this, knowing that we just had this conversation with him the night prior when we were eating at The Viking. I was hungry for a burger, but the Reuben caught my eye when looking at the menu. After getting our food Kevin got a funny look on his face when looking toward the entrance. I said, "What? It's your dad isn't it!" Kevin's response was, "Nope, it's both of them." It was a good thing, but just funny after the boys had spent the whole day with Lois, and she was probably looking for a little boy break. Of coarse she is who they wanted to be with, but we did talk them into waiting until they were done eating supper. Then we all high-tailed it out and home in the -30 degree temps.

Work is going well. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I started, and obviously the next few will probably go equally as fast. Thankfully, we really have been busy with things to do, so I'm not complaining about lack of things going on.

I also had my second doctor's appointment last Wednesday, and things seemed to be very normal with nothing to really even report. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150's which is quite common when they are this small. Not an indicator of guessing what kind of baby could be in there. Both of the boys always had heartbeats in the high 140's/150's. We'll see when the time comes. I am scheduled for my ultrasound next month. The doctor wants to watch growth closely due to Emmett being almost 9 pounds at birth. And if my trend continues the next baby would be 9# 14 oz (Emmett was exactly 1 pound bigger than Harrison at birth). She doesn't want the baby to get to that point. All it means is that I could be induced prior to my due date if I don't go early. But obviously that's all a long way away.

Just thought ya'll might want a little update on what's going on. Nothing too exciting though. We've been too busy.

2 comments:

stumbo fam said...

So glad to hear it is going well! Sorry we couldn't talk today :-) Ava has had a bad case of the 3's this week.... fun fun!

Kristin said...

Maybe you should post a picture of yourself, because I think I've forgotten what you look like. :-)
Good to hear that things are going well. The next time your life slows down just a little, give me a call. Tell the boys Hi for me.