Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Adventures in Entrelac...

Most of you know that I'm a knitter.
Not for a long time, but a mere year and a half.
I have really enjoyed it, and find that it is a great creative outlet for me
that doesn't necessarily relate to being a mom. I don't have to be a mom to knit,
but can just because I like to.
Plus I just think it's healthy to have something that is completely all your own.
I have been working on a plethora of projects since the last time that I posted anything that I've finished. However, my most recent finish (this afternoon) is one that I am really proud of.
My friend Carmen and I were out for a fun lunch date and decided to stop at the local yarn shop. Carmen wanted to look for a scarf to give to a friend that was having surgery on her neck. She found one, but unfortunately the owner of the store wasn't willing to sell her the finished scarf. I offered to buy the pattern and make it for her. All she needed to do was pick out the yarn that she thought that her friend would enjoy.
A few weeks later our hometown yarn shop had an incredible sale, and we found a yarn perfect for this friend. I began on it right away knowing that this friend would be having surgery soon, and didn't want to delay it getting to her. (She finished her second surgery last week).
Today I had the time to finish the last few inches and voila... this is what it turned out like!!
Like my handsome model?
Here is an up close look at how the pattern is.
In essence, it's like a sideways basket weave.
Even Kevin has made the comment through this project that he's really enjoyed watching it come together.
I think that this is one that I would welcome to do again.

2 comments:

Tim and Jenny said...

Oooh, that's really nice! Way to go Brooke!

Candis Berge said...

That really makes me want to knit. It's fabulous!