I'm pretty sure that most of you realize that I've picked up knitting in the past couple of years (thanks to Kevin's aunt Mary - who has been knitting for 40+ years).
This is my sanity in the evening after the kids go to bed, or when we are at the lake, or driving in the car. It's something that doesn't pertain to being a mom, and something that makes me happy.
Here is one of the latest things that I have finished.
As a thank you gift she bought me another hank of it, and told me to make a sweater for Maura with it. I did have some left over from the first hank, and thought it would be close, but when I got going realized that I probably wouldn't have quite enough.
My birthday came and my sister-in-law gave me some cash for the yarn shop, which I then doubled and bought some certificates from the Bargain Line. I then went and bought another hank (for basically half price) and finished the sweater.
It is a 2 year size and will be great for this winter. I can't wait to put her in it!
3 comments:
That is absolutely gorgeous!! :-)
It's beautiful! Great job!
You are truly a talented woman! Looks adorable!!! Cass
Post a Comment