We are slowly, but surely getting around to getting in the Christmas spirit around our house. We finally have the tree up. BIG accomplishment. I think the kids thought we would never do this.
I took a picture of the boys playing their games while having to try and focus through the branches of our fake tree. They do this a lot, sit together and play their games. It's one of the times that they are together and it's quiet while they play.

And Maura proving that we indeed do have lights on the tree too. All of the ornaments happened to get put on the other side of the tree, and I'm not one to care how the tree really looks. I figure this way they won't want to move every ornament to where they want it if they get to choose right away. So far its worked.

Yesterday I decided that we needed to wrap the presents that we got for some of our family. Harrison wanted to help wrap the presents, but decided that he would be the perfect
labeler for the gifts. He embraced it with true enthusiasm! Like with the tree, I don't care if I use address labels for tags, and then have my 5 year old write out the names in his learning
penmanship. I knew that I probably would like to have this documented to show how he wrote at a young age, so I paused to get a picture. Don't mind that I wrapped a present for my father-in-law that is for his wife. This time Harrison decided to use their real names instead of Grandma and Grandpa, because that would have been too much work. Plus, it really is more fitting this way too.
Praying that in the
busyness of getting ready for the holidays you can stop and remind yourself the
real reason we celebrate this special holiday. Be thankful that God would send his only Son to this earth, to live a
perfect life, and then die on a cross to save us from all of our sins.
Truly the
only gift that we would ever need. EVER.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment