Friday, February 01, 2008

Crazy Week!

Sorry its been so long since I've made a post. This week has been very busy, and honestly haven't taken any new pictures. Can you believe it?
Kevin left last Wednesday to go snowmobiling and came home this past Sunday evening. We sure were glad to see him! During that same weekend we had a Women's Retreat at church and I was committed to being a part of it, so I was busy Friday night and Saturday. Harrison got to be spoiled by Grandpa Loran on Friday and Grandma Jeanne on Saturday! The retreat was wonderful and I'm so glad that it worked for me to be involved!
Harrison is at a very frustrating stage right now. Of coarse he understands all that we say, but we don't understand anything he says! I could really use a Toddler Translator right now! I think we are equally frustrated with our communication barrier right now. So needless to say, there has been alot of "Sass" in our household lately. I'm sure it didn't help having such a strange week either.
He also seems to be getting his molars and eye teeth. Fingers are constantly in his mouth, and more irritability! Wahoo! I just wish they would make their entrance and be done! His last tooth took 3 months to finally stay up. It was playing peek-a-boo with us - no kidding!
I know that Harrison is realizing that there is something going on with my stomach too. He enjoys pulling up my shirt and poking my belly! Thankfully it has happened only around family. I'm not one to show off my skin very easily! He has been very good around other babies and is pretty gentle, so I hope that he can continue that trend.
Okay, I think that is it for now! I'll try to take some pictures soon and give a visual update! Thanks for your patience!

4 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Have you considered doing signing with him? I did that with the little boy I nannied and it was awesome. We are doing it with Bennett and he does a few signs. It seems to really help with communication.

You'll have to post another pregnant photo soon!

Brooke said...

We have tried to do it with him. He does do please and his form of all done. But he's never picked up on the others. So... we've tried that venue. Some things he wants he can't have anyway, so he gets mad that we won't allow him to do certain things.

stumbo fam said...

I sympathize with you!!! Ava is getting her last molar and wow, this one must be huge cuz it has been unbelievable around here! It's gotta stop at some point though right?!!!!

Emily said...

Corbin and I have been "fighting" all day, so I totally know what you mean! I can't finish a project with him around! It is frustrating to no end! Some days we are both in tears...and to think...another one is on the way (maybe you don't have those thoughts, but I sure do!)! It is right then, when I am going to pull my hair out, that he does something amazingly cute-a cheesey smile or he'll hug my leg! I am so glad that I am not alone! Thanks for letting me know C is just being a little boy and not a terror! God bless!