Yesterday (June 22nd) was our 6th anniversary! We celebrated by going to Battle Lake to Stella's having nachos and some yummy sandwiches on the patio! Then on to Granny's for an awesome ice cream cone (hard ice cream - the best)! And then we surprised some friends, and got an invitation to go for a sail! Kevin nor I had ever been on a sailboat before, so we jumped at the opportunity to go! We planned on being out only about 30 minutes or so, but ended up being a little longer than that - the wind died! Hmmm. Thankfully they have a motor, so we managed to make it back to shore! By this time I knew that Emmett would be getting hungry and we packed only 1 bottle for him, so my mind was imagining a starving baby screaming for food. Thankfully he didn't quite finish his bottle and Grandma Lois was able to get him satisfied until we got home! Harrison thought he was going to stay at their house and asked for a bath and found the pack-n-play that he sleeps in when he's there. Unfortunately we didn't have jammies for him. Even though it was quite late for him, he managed to be in one piece emotionally and went to bed easily at home.
Six years seems so long, but also so short at the same time! I don't know that we would have imagined having 2 wonderful little boys in our lives at this point, but we wouldn't change it for anything! It was a great and memorable anniversary! I look forward to all the others ones to come!
9 comments:
Happy anniversary!
Congratulations on 6 years! God's plan is the best isn't it?!?!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had an adventure. :)
Happy Anniversary! Six years already!! I still remember your wedding day.
We're so happy for you and thankful for the wonderful family you've been blessed with. H & E are growing up so quickly!
Wow, 6 years?! It does go fast! Happy Anniversary! Cool pics on the boat!
Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I couldn't go for a walk the other day. I had to work! :-( We will have to do it again though!
What a fun anniversary celebration! Congratulations!
Sounds like you had a fun day! :-) I love your sail boat experience, it sounds like fun.
Post a Comment