Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sitting Pretty...

Just in the wrong place!!
I had laid Maura in the bouncy seat to cook lunch, or supper, to turn around and see her sitting up like this in there!! Pretty sure I let out a yelp, due to foreseeing a face plant on the hardwood floor, but just managed to get a gummy grin on sweet baby girl's face. Charmer!
I then proceeded to get the camera (which was only a couple feet away from me) and capture the moment of my little girl sitting in her bouncy seat.
Yet another reminder that she is getting further away from being a baby, and closer to being a mobile toddler. I can even recall a talk that I had with myself before she was born and shortly afterwards going something like this... "I will remember what it is like when this baby is first born, small, helpless, sleeping all the time, a little round ball all curled up. Don't forget to cherish those moments and soak it all in! This could be the last time to remember these moments!"
I do recall looking at her and taking it all in, but my memory isn't so great. All I can do is look back on the pictures and say, "Really? She was that small?!" "She had skinny legs?!"
Even with my poor memory of those early days, I will continue to try and remember what each of these days are like with her still being snugly and sweet.



3 comments:

Ekelund Fam said...

What a doll! Thanks for the reminder to cherish the stages we are in. You have a beautiful family, Brooke! Merry Christmas to you all!

Anonymous said...

Love Maura's super cute shirt!! Wonder where that came from?!?!

~Jill

Jim and Marilyn said...

Such a little cutie! what a fun Christmas you will have this year!