Thursday, October 02, 2008

Something New

Kevin and Emmett looked so cozy together on the couch the other day that I had to take a picture of them. Emmett is definitely a snuggler!
At almost 5 months old, Emmett tried his first taste of rice cereal! He basically has been begging us to for a little while now, but honestly didn't have any in the house to give him. Plus getting out of the house for 1 item is more work than it's worth, right now! Every time we eat and Emmett is near us at the table he would whine and open his mouth for every bite we took. He is still sleeping fine at night, and obviously isn't nutritionally challenged, so I thought I would wait for a while to save myself some work. How selfish, I know. But now we'll have more steps to carry out for a feeding, and my baby is slightly less a baby, again!
He knew what to do right away and opened up nice a wide. Amazingly, he likes it! Harrison didn't know what to think when we first gave him some, but Emmett was waiting with his mouth open for more after every bite!
Harrison watching Emmett's first food tasting!
Harrison decided that he really needed to try some too! I was a little hesitant, but I gave him a taste after Emmett was done with his meal. I thought that runny rice cereal made with breast milk would cure him of wanting any more, but he continued to ask for "more" after each of his tastes too. I wonder if he'll change his mind when it comes to actual baby food?

No comments: