Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Literally...

A friend of mine has done this, and her family has really enjoyed the ease, and taste, so I had to ask and find out the book that she used to create this great accomplishment! I knew that a couple of my good friends also wanted to try something like this, so I asked if they wanted to join me in my new venture. Thankfully they said "YES" and we had our first cooking day on October 4th!

It is hard work cooking for a whole day, but it was so fun to do it with 2 friends, and have sort of a "Mom" day together! This book contains 3 Plans that are 2 weeks of meals, and 2 Plans for a month of meals. We wanted to ease in and tried a 2 week course to see what we thought.

It has been AWESOME to be able to pull a meal out of the freezer, let it thaw, and put it in a pan to cook, and "Voila" you have a tasty meal to serve your family with almost no work to do that day! The only thing that you would have to do is prepare a side dish (if you wanted) to go with it. Bag salad, frozen veges...you name it, something equally as easy! We even like instant mashed potatoes! Sad, but a major time saver!

Some people might think that it should be easy for a stay-at-home mom to be able to get supper on the table with no problems, but when do the kids start to get stir-crazy? Right before supper time (at least in my house)! Plus I feel like I'm in a little "rut" with making the same things over and over. This totally cured that! They are all easy, family friendly meals that a cook with little experience could do!

All three of our families decided to grade each meal and let the rest know for future reference. So far our family has given all A's and a B+. I figure that has to be worth it right there! I know our husband's are totally impressed with the whole thing too! Extra bonus!

We did manage to take 1 picture during that whole day, but it wasn't with my camera (I guess we were too busy). All I know is that I'm already looking forward to our next cooking day, so I can have more meals in my freezer! Sad to say I've already got it planned out!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Now that sounds like a great set-up. I usually have to get supper ready at naptime to avoid the kids' late afternoon crazies. It's just not worth the stress!!

The Erickson Family said...

I really want to do something like this soon to get ready for January when baby arrives. I'm going to look for this book at our library. Can you please list the meals you made and which ones you enjoyed the most?

Brooke said...

We did meal plan B, and so far we've liked all the recipes we've tried (about 1/2). Some of the others have been tried by the other mom's and they have given them good marks too! I bought this book at Barnes and Noble for only like $12, if anyone was interested.