One tiny detail I didn't mention that happened during our busy weekend was that while we were at the Bigwood enjoying our reception I noticed I had a missed call and voicemail from our house (babysitter calling). I listened to the message and something that we had been looking forward to .... NO, DREADING happened. Harrison's pacifier broke! It cracked and would no longer work. All of this happening while we were gone and with our sweet babysitter! I felt horrible for Elise. I could only imagine the reaction out of Harrison (screaming, crying, furious, etc.). When I called Elise, she was totally laid back, just wondering if there was another one. I told her no, that the other one went MIA and there was nothing for him. That's what she told him and he seemed totally fine with it, but still a little concerned. Apparently the only side effect of this was that he was coming out of his room more after being put to bed, but she didn't mind and said we could stay out.
When we got home he was totally settled in bed, and didn't have any major meltdown during the whole process. Whew!
The next day I noticed his paci in the garbage thinking that Kevin threw it away. Later Kevin asked me if I threw it away. Hmmm.... Kevin asked Harrison about it and he threw it away on his own without being prompted. We told him that I wouldn't be able to come out of the garbage, it won't come back, and there will be no more paci's. Did it phase him? Nope. He said his goodbye's and has only asked about it a couple times since. He did ask if he could put a band aid on it, and we said "no." He also asked if we could get a new one at the store. We told him that they don't make any like that anymore. (Note to self: Don't take him in the baby section where he might see more paci's.) Thankfully Emmett is a thumb sucker and we don't have any other paci's around to temp him.
So far so good! We really haven't heard much about it in a few days, so I think we are over the PACI! Broken paci's are the way to end a long relationship, in a less heart breaking way.
1 comment:
Hmmm...can Harrison come break Ellie's too??? Maybe he'll be willing to stick around and help her be willing to throw them away too. ;)
Post a Comment