Okay, well, not technically, but Emmett has accomplished yet another task in his list of things to do. He has finally pulled himself to his feet! Some people may not be too thrilled about this. However it's good to know those flabby, thick thighs will be getting a work out in the coming months. Literally, they are flabby - totally not firm, rolly thighs! I would let you feel them if you wanted. Anyways... he accomplished this feat three times yesterday, so no doubt we are just getting on a roll here.
Plus, this morning when he was standing at his activity table, and getting quite frustrated, I held out my hand for him to grab, and he made six little steps all the way to my lap! If you've never seen this boy be proud of himself, this was a gleaming moment. I knew that he wanted to do it so bad for so long, but he just hadn't made that connection yet in his brain to pick up his feet and move them.
Unfortunately, I know this is opening a whole new can of worms in our house. Soon all he will want to do is stand up in his crib, and walk by holding our hands. Harrison walked with assistance for about 6 weeks before being a "complete" walker and not needing much if any help. He was at the complete walking stage about 2 weeks before his first birthday. This means that we could have a busy, little boy - I mean 2 busy boys, this summer. Trust me, we're not shocked by this scenario. However, it means that the winds are changing into a new phase of Emmett's life, and how once he becomes upright, he won't be turning back to being little again. The crawling just made him seem so babyish still. Yet again, it's so exciting, but still trying to hang on to my baby for a little longer.
NOTE: If you're beginning to wonder if I'm getting baby fever, I'm here to reassure you that I'm not ready for that to happen quite yet (unless God has other plans). I have 16 pregnant friends on my list right now from now through December, so I can certainly get my fix through all of them! It was 18 up until a couple weeks ago. I think this is a bigger boom then from when H & E were born.
2 comments:
yay Emmett!
Beautiful Boys- they are growing up so fast!! I've started blogging again....it's been forever! How are you? I bet the boys have been outside a lot lately- the girls have! Their fingernails & toenails are always dirty!! :)
Post a Comment