It is so easy, and so tastey! If you enjoy a "candy coffee" (Mocha, Hazelnut Latte, etc.) from a local coffee shop, this is a great homemade iced coffee (note: iced - meaning over ice, not ice blended.) If you need a refresher about my coffee life, this will help you understand why these details are important.
FIRST - Start with a pot of strong coffee. The ratio I use is 1 cup of your favorite grounds brewed in 12 cups of water in your coffee maker. (Use more or less grounds depending on your strength preference. I like mine strong.)
I recommend plastic because hot liquid and glass don't always play nice together.
If you want to play around with flavors, add up to 1/4 cup (this measurement shouldn't be increased unless you like it super sweet) chocolate syrup for a Mocha; some caramel ice cream topping; or mix the two together for a Milky Way. If you like different flavored syrup (i.e. Torani brand) that can be used too - whatever you like. If it is a liquid syrup use less because it is more concentrated and will be more potent.
After the coffee is brewed pour it hot into the pitcher and mix with the sweetened milk/flavoring in the pitcher.
FILL a glass with ice.
If you happen to have some whipped topping that would be a nice little treat on top, but can be enjoyed without too.
It does keep well in the fridge if you can't enjoy the whole pitcher at one time - like myself. Okay, I'm just kidding. Be careful if you drink it from the refrigerator because it will be a little more sweet because there is no melting ice. I remedy this by adding a little milk to the glass to dilute it out a little bit.
6 comments:
YUM!! I'll definately have to try this!
When we were grocery shopping last night, we went down the cooking aisle and I think I literally yelled (and simultaneously hit him in the shoulder), "TIM LETS MAKE THAT STUFF THAT BROOKE MADE!"
TO which his response was (in a "The Fonz" type of way), "Oh yeeeeaaaaahhh."
We now have a can of sweetened condensed mild in the cupboard waiting to be cracked open! :)
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe...we'll be trying that in the Larsen household very soon!!!
Yummy! I think I may have to try it!
We made your drink yesterday and it was so nummy! A little too sweet, but I just made some more coffee and added it to the mix! We will definitely be making this again and I can't wait to have a cup of the leftover coffee in the fridge! Thanks! -Kris
Ooo! I'm interested in this!!! I wonder if I have any sweetened condensed milk right now. If not, I AM going to the store in the next few days! :o)
Post a Comment