Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We Love BIG Packages!

Hmmm.... what do you suppose is in here? This is a mighty big box!
That's right! We get our diapers delivered right to our door via the UPS man!
After Emmett was born, when I needed to do a diaper run, my cart runneth over with huge boxes of diapers and room for nothing else that I needed. In most of my parenting magazines I always saw an ad for getting diapers delivered to your home. Believe me, I was totally sceptical. How much could shipping be for these mando boxes? Totally not worth it, right?

After a number of trips to Target for diapers I finally decided that maybe I should at least try it. See if there was any catch, and really how expensive it would be.

Just like any online shopping experience it was quite easy to add your diapers to your "cart" being able to choose from a number of quantities that you needed. They advertised FREE SHIPPING with any $49 order, and 2 day delivery. Was that really true?

Sure enough once my order was $49 it automatically showed "free shipping" on the header of the website. And amazingly the diapers were cheaper than they were in the store. Plus I didn't need to drive out to get them, and lug them back into the house. So far, so good!

Wouldn't you know they showed up at 9 am 2 days later, carried by the friendly UPS man who surprisingly said, "This is a big one" and even put it inside my front door for me.

I was completely pleased with my experience, and well... haven't bought diapers at the store ever again. I'm sure you all know what website I'm referring to before I even tell you - Diapers.com

Do you think all they have is diapers? Nope. They have cloth diapers, formula, baby food, furniture, baby gear, organic cleaning supplies, etc. If you want to try it yourself I would recommend it. I have an extra $10 off coupon code (PTGJUN09 - doesn't exp until 11/30/09) for your first order of $49 or more, and every time you get the free shipping with a purchase of that amount. With 2 boys in diapers I never have to worry about meetings that requirement. Plus, if you are hesitant because you use coupons to buy, well you can send them in and they will credit them to your account when you purchase a product that matches the requirement for that coupon! They even keep a record of what you buy, so if you order the same thing every time you just need to click one button and it's done.

I would love to hear feedback from those of you that have done this, or want to try it! And would love to hear from those who do it for the first time, and tell me that you don't get hooked!



2 comments:

Henrik and Carrie said...

Thanks for the good information!

T, B, Z, J, M & I said...

We did that for a long time and loved it but we are lucky enough to be diaper free for the first time in 10 years! I had to keep on myself as to when we were getting low so I would remember to order. Once they had a crazy thing with their distribution center and I ended up having to go to the store and buy them cause they took too long to ship...I called to complain and they gave me a credit, $15 if I remember correctly. We ordered the Seventh Generation diapers and wipes as they are biodegradable.